Sunday, August 25, 2013

How This Story Came To Be

(Sometime before I started actually writing this story, I actually had two important events already planned:)


(The deaths of Shark's family,)

(and Sinbad eventually performing what some might call a Heel Face Turn.)

(The first event, Shark's family drowning, I actually started doing that waaaaaay back in January.)


 (I remember one day, I was borking around in Twinbrook (but then, I always am). I got the random idea in my head to just kill off the Racket family.)

(The whole, 'end their reign of terror' was apparently in mind. At this point, I didn't really have much of an opinion of Shark.)

(But when I got to the household, it was already about ten a.m. on a Monday. In other words, Shark was at school, though Lolly was oddly not.)

(I then decided, 'oh what the hell', and decided to let Shark live. The other six, though...)

(Well, since I was still unsure if teens could live on their own at this point, I briefly moved Dudley in. Then, while Shark was at school, I sent the other six Rackets into the backyard pool, let them swim a bit.)

(I then paused the game, activated testingcheatsenabled, pulled all six of their hunger meters down to zero, unpaused, and watched them all flail like complete idiots to their watery doom.)

(I guess it was something I enjoyed doing, because from then on, every time I started a game in Twinbrook, I drowned them.)

(Then after they were all dead, ninety percent of the time, Dudley took Shark back to his house, where I had them reconcile. Usually, I don't resurrect the other six, and just leave them to haunt the mansion.)

(Apparently, it made for good storytelling, which is why it was used in this story.)

(The second event, Sinbad changing his ways, came about more recently.)

(To be more specific, it started when I read his personal in-game bio:)


(Unless I read it wrong, Sinbad became, well, bad, for reasons that weren't really his fault. It seems that with a little help, though, he can change.)

(Which gave me an idea. When Shark went to visit him, the Attraction System activated between them when they first met.)

(Ultimately, I guess I used "The Power of Love", amongst other reasons, to have Sinbad change his ways, and become a better person for Shark. I tried not to get too incredibly cheesy with it, though.)

(Those are the two main things that eventually got me to create Rötterdämmerung. All I can say at this point is, I hope I did a good enough job. -Nene)


No comments:

Post a Comment