Sunday, August 25, 2013

Leftover pictures (and why I didn't use them)

(These are some pictures that I intended to use in the story, but ultimately never did. All screenshots are unedited (not run through a photo editor), and in no particular order: )


(Another picture of Shark when he was going through his 'nerd phase'. I didn't use this one because, if I remember correctly, this was taken in the Racket Mansion.)

(i.e. It was a continuity error. Shark would have been living with his Uncle Dudley by this point, and would not really have any business in his old house.)


(Sinbad actually told Shark about his infidelity earlier than the story states. I figured it would be more believable if I placed it later in the story.)

(Which is why I didn't use this screenshot. Why would Shark be getting upset over something he doesn't even know about yet?)


(I intended to use this one for the whole 'resurrecting the Rackets' situation.)

(I didn't use it, because of the fact that Shark sneezing made it look, at least to me, less dramatic.)


(Sinbad: "BLAGAHAGARA--" Shark: "Aaaaaahhhhh!")

(This one I didn't go with for...obvious reasons. Even in the early days of their marriage, Sinbad was still prone to scaring Shark like this. At one point, I started keeping a closer eye on him, and each time he tried scaring someone, I cancelled the action and made him watch the cooking channel)

(This picture, while sweet, was one I just couldn't factor into the story. It really had no true emphasis on the events, and I already had a picture for when they got engaged.)

(Not to mention this was after they adopted Echo and moved into Amy's old house for a while, so the timing was all wrong and such and, well, I don't really need more than one picture implying their apparently great sex life.)


(This was when Grim came for Masaru. I didn't use it because it made it look as though Shark was happy that his cat was dying, which wasn't the case.)

(I probably would have tried to justify it, by saying Shark was greeting Death as an old friend, and they certainly would at least be acquainted, but in the end I decided not to bother.)

(This was that scene of the last time Shark talked to his grandma, from his perspective.)

(I went with the other one, because the one from Marigold's perspective looked more final, and Shark's face was obscured, so you couldn't figure out how he truly felt.)

(Masaru really hated baths. He'd almost always escape when Sinbad tried to bathe him. Hell, he did it a few times when Shark tried to bathe him!)

(I figured, I didn't really need a picture of Sinbad getting antagonized by Masaru, so I left this one out.)


(Midori and Greenlee (Jade Greenwood's twins that she had with Shark's grandpa Max) as teenagers.)

(I originally intended to put this in to show what happened to them, but I thought that by now, everyone would've forgotten about them, so I decided not to use it.)

(That would be Jeffrey Castor and Chase Bayless talking with Echo on Graduation Day.)

(Though the thought bubble made it funny, I was trying not to use thought/speech bubbles in the screenshots, so this was unused. Although I suppose it's good to see where Chase's priorities lie.)

(Here we have Sinbad with his granddaughter Mason.)

(This picture was so close to making it into the story, it wasn't even funny. I even had it edited and everything! And I had it all set up and ready to be uploaded, I clicked on it to be put up and then I looked at the picture preview and saw Sinbad's eyes.) 

(Actually, I don't know. It might be cool for that baby to grow up knowing her grandpa can do a striking imitation of the Undertaker.)

(Another picture I had of Cortana as a teenager.)

(Well, would you want to see her in the story getting impaled in the throat by a mailbox?)


(Goodwin at the cemetery.) 

(I honestly wasn't sure why he was here, given in the game, Shark was taking Marigold's ashes to the plot I cleared out for Shark and Sinbad's pets/relatives. Probably going to pay his respects to Jenni, I suppose.)

(But Sinbad hadn't seen him, and I doubt Shark would've told him, so this picture likely would've caused a continuity error.)



(There's plenty more pictures, but I would rather not post them on here because, well, there's thousands more of them.)

(Well, I believe that is all I have to say about all this. I will begin working on a new story, so I will see you all soon! -Nene)

No comments:

Post a Comment